Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chatroulette


What do you get when you mix speed dating and russian roulette?
=Chatroulette

I just got introduced to it last night by my cousin and brother who are still in high school....Man, kids these days....(haha go to the site and you'd get my point!)

Its created by a 17 year old Russian guy.
And its a pretty huge thing now.
In any case, I'm sure you procastinators will procastinate more.
Its kinda addictive.
Its your usual chatting room but more like a freak show.
Pretty random pretty interesting

A snapshot of whats out thereAnd my very own encounter
Because of course I, as a blogger, have a duty to test it out for you :p
(excuse the hat, you never know who will screen shot you)Based on experience (1 night's worth),
1) if you dont show face your partner will disconnect immediately, a lil bit of face with a cap faces 70% rejection rate, and face time (my sis as test subject) 10% rejection rate.
2) if you're a boy you face 90% rejection rate (since this site is predominantly boys), and if you're a girl and come across another girl you face immediate rejection.
3) Me? I wasnt calculative, I was here for the experiment. I'd chat even with the fattest guys and biggest geek and would face rejection after refusing to take off my cap
pfft....go figure the cyber society. so much for those days of anonymity

But hey its not all gloom and doom....there are others out there who sticks to the traditional ways of anonymity and would give a decent chat. but RARE occasions!!
I'd recommend the experience :)

^8 Cee

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Living on the edge i see...

rs said...

what in the world... LOL

Cee said...

hehe its not living on the edge. but its fasttt. lol go try and lemme know

AL said...

omggee!! I went on chatroulette with tasha and farah and farah wore a freddy krueger mask. it was so hilarious. we should so go on it when I'm back in kl

aLiaA said...

hey cherry sister!!

wow....goin into investigative journalism now huh?? haha....

bezerk said...

what an interesting site. i encountered a similar one a couple of months back, its called omegle.com , minus the webcam that is.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cee said...

AL: hehe yea whenever we do sleepovers :)))

aliaa: hehe more like an excuse ;p welcome back to the blogging world cherry sister!

bezerk: hi! the webcam creates all the craze! you'll know why ;)

bezerk said...

haha. i think might just have a new use for my Vader Helmet. x)_ keep posting amazing stuff like this more k.

Anonymous said...

I just love your weblog! Very nice post! Still you can do many things to improve it.

avp said...

i was just watching the australian news and there was a headline about this site and how dangerous it is!!!

Cee said...

avp: i guess....but dangerous in what way?

avp said...

oh i don't know =( i watched it on the headlines(or the ads for the news) so they didnt expand. i am sure they are over reacting though as they normally are!

YaYa said...

Hehehehe the cat!!! Lawak!

Utibe said...

Great and interesting blog.
Chatroulett is the online latest trend with funny pic and snapshot and videos
I just discovered another replica of chatroulette called SpinTheCam.com with fantastic features, rooms, VIP and Gay section and they are giving out $1000 for the best snapshot or youtube from the like.

Chatroullete is pretty crude

Anonymous said...

I found a Gay Chatroulette website also.