Saturday, January 23, 2010

Escapism

Back in high school,
Back when I was far away from home,
I used to follow style.com so closely.
Fashion, like a world of fantasy, filled up any void I had.

I watched every runway show and stalked every models.
I had folderS in my computer of all my favorite clothes.
So much so that whenever a new Vogue issue came out,
I'd be able to tell you where the clothes were from and name most of the models.

That time has long passed.
I progressively had less time for fashion shows and models,
and thought it senseless since I wouldn't spend a fortune on it anyway.
But I shouldn't have undermine its power so soon.

When reality is bad and tough,
It is fashion and it is its lifestyle, that brings back escapism.
It is the fairytale of an ordinary life seen through extraordinary eyes.
And all this, discovered in Alix

Alix is us.
An ordinary girl with passion for fashion, photography and life.
To me, she is what I'd imagine of a Parisian girl.
If anything, she embodies the romance in Paris.


^8 Cee

6 comments:

Nazneen Zainal Abidin said...

i follow her blog daily :)

Cee said...

haha i knew about her through your blog :)

Nazneen Zainal Abidin said...

haha, and i knew her when she left a comment on my blog :)

avp said...

omg i remember this!Do u still have all those folders? You should archive them. Happy you have found your calling to fashion cee =)

AL said...

i remember those folders too! you were quite artsy back then and now you're a stylish banker. hotness! love this post. btw, i watched p.s i love u AGAIN!! we have to watch it again when we're old while sitting at the balcony sipping tea.

Cee said...

AVP: nah....still havent found the calling to fashion yet ;)

AL: dont forget the reclining chair