Friday, January 1, 2010

Turkiye: Day 2

ISTANBUL
1. I got 11 hours of sleep after a week of so little sleep :)
So fresh!
2. Visited Dolmabahce palace.
It was built in the 19th century with elements of Baroque, Rococo and Neoclassical styles. Apparently built because Topkapi (see previous day) was too simple and lacking in grandeur. Well trust me, this palace is very impressive. Even better than the one I saw in Vienna. No pictures allowed and I cant even begin to describe how regal and grand it was. The rich colours, the crystals, the intricate laces, the well preserved marbles, the high ceilings, the view outside to the Bosphorus straits...*sigh* Even the crystal staircase was enough for me to think of Beauty and the Beast. Hmmm but the library was disappointing tho...ooooh but there was a book with a carving the size of a bottle in between the pages ;)
(Pictures below dont do justice as they dont capture the inside of the palace. All I can say is that I really recommend a tour here)

ISTANBUL - CANNAKALE
1. 6 hours on the bus! Played poker and winner had to eat a piece of Turkish delight since we had no poker chips. It was yummy but we had a tad too much.
2. Buffet at hotel and they served Turkey. Hehe of course I just had to have it soooo that I can say I ate Turkey in Turkey!! I realise I am lame thank you very much.

^8

No comments: