Saturday, July 17, 2010

England: Day 7

London

1) We took the bus to Buckingham Palace and walked through the Buckingham Palace garden. I like parks. It was a lucky coincidence that we went there at the time of change of the palace guards. Its an elaborate event that happens every other day around noon. Touristy, I like ;)
2) Walked all the way from Buckingham Palace to Knightsbridge to pay Harrods a visit. Its hugeeee, like twice the size of Selfridges. Its motto is Omnia, Omnibus Ubique-All things for all people, Everywhere. Yeah right. Its $$$. I didnt really mind coz they had a frgn opera singer on the balcony overlooking the escalators. Kinda crazy, kinda awesome.
Had tea at cafe Laduree
3) I left my family to head towards Grace Kelly's exhibition. The exhibition was in Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A) which is in Kensington, a couple of blocks away. V&A is free but exhibitions are not. Bought night-time tickets to the exhibition as all the day tickets were sold-out.

4) Spent the next couple of hours wandering the V&A. V&A is unlike any museums I've visited. V&A is the excessiveness, elaborateness and the beauty of the world's countries amplified. A world of wanders and aesthetics. By far, my favorite museum!

5) Met up with Lalink. We got lost looking for Snogs...well she said she was showing me around Kensington -_-"

6) Headed back to the V&A, this time, for Grace Kelly's exhibition as it was a must-do-together-visit. Lol, I told her so in my first email when I told her I was visiting London.My first love for GK was when I chanced upon a Hitchock film some 4 years ago. I remember watching Dial M for Murder and was intrigued by the actress. Then I chanced upon Rear Window and it was the same actress, strikingly classy. They dont make those kind of films anymore.

7) We dined in Fifteen. We confidently walked in without any reservations and got it! Lol it turns out that it wasnt the Fifteen of Jamie Oliver's. But it was good time spent :)
^8 Cee

No comments: