Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Please please please

There is going to be a World Capital Markets Symposium this coming 10-11 August.

First time I saw it was in the newspapers and below is the list of the key note speakers:

I got pretty excited coz I just bought a Paul Krugman book and I've come across his name so many times in the newspapers...so you can only imagine how exciting it'll be to be able to meet the man in person! But I am also quite curious of Dr. Laura D'Andrea Tyson (economic adviser to Barack Obama and Bill Clinton) and Dr. Mark Mobius (considered to be one of the global leaders in the emerging market industry)...and I'm sure it goes without saying that all the others would be pretty damn amazing too. (You can click on the image if you want a more detailed description on the other speakers)



But then what a bummer coz it says:
Pssccht...that completely EXCLUDES me!






BUT today I just spoke to a friend and found out that she has a role in all of this. And so here is where the blog title comes to play....To that friend (her name shan't be stated just in case there are any other enthusiast out there who would ruin my chance at getting it), I'm blogging to show you how serious I am about it...(heheh maybe you didnt even need the convincing) ... I know its very highly unlikely to get one but please please please try and get an invitation =) =)
Heh Love you long time with or without the invitation xx


^8

6 comments:

natalie rose said...

omg. yawn fest.

Cee said...

heyyyyy media gets to ask for invitation....its not MC's thing i'm guessing?

Shalina Vadivale said...

Girrrl u are such a nerd.

Love it!

DiN said...

Get 1 passes for me too pls!

Cee said...

SV: so are you ;p
Din: haha i cannot even get for myself

ai peng said...

you're not a nerd!!! trust me, all budding economists or ppl who studied economics would wanna be there. haha
ask mark la. maybe he can get tickets as well. ;)