Sunday, June 28, 2009

Life happens when you're too busy making plans...

So much to do
So much to see
So much to feel

And yet I sit here wasting life away...



Last Friday my company had a seminar for their Mgmt Trainees on Learning to Learn. In one of the session, we did a quiz to identify our learning behaviour. There are 4 different ways to learn - action, thinking, feeling, accessing.
i) Action: these people belief the best way to learn is by direct experience. Eg: if you want to learn piano, you just play and learn from there.
ii) Thinking: these people learn by reflecting on the past and imagining possible outcomes for the future. Eg: if you want to play tennis, you buy a book on it, then observe a whole season of Wimbledon, then imagine yourself on the court without actually yet being on the court, then finally playing it.
iii) Feeling: these people learn to recognise their emotions or psychology and use this to manage themselves. Eg: if you are nervous about giving a speech, you confront your feelings on why you feel nervous and use this analysis of yourself to overcome or manage it.
iv) Accessing: These people access others by seeking advice, instructions or experiences from others who may have been in a similar situation. Eg: if you want to learn how to play guitar, you get a guitar teacher to teach you.


The quiz says that I am low on action, ok on thinking and ok on feeling, and high on accessing.
I say thats pretty spot on.


So yeaaaaaa.... I gotta start making things happen!


But its not as simple as doing an impromptu trip....sure its a lot of action when I do that... but thats just cheating because no, I dont want to just drift along.

My CEO knew he wanted to be CEO by his mid-20s. But hey I'm only 21 and only 2 months into working so its still ok if i dont know what to do right? Wrong! I'm too easy on myself sometimes. Too easy on myself that I've even convinced myself to think that its ok to not know which department to want to rotate into next.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....ok gotta figure things out...figure out what I want to make happen.
but hehe there I go again - life happens as I make plans. Its a vicious cycle.

^8

10 comments:

YaYa said...

did you know i posted an entry for you?

http://dtdi.blogspot.com/2009/06/this-is-for-anon.html

hehe oh and i did that test too. mine was highest on feeling. 23/26 or something like that. everyone else in class was fifteen or so.

hehe.

oh and i already know what i want to be : happy! ;)

Cee said...

thank youuuuuu :) :)
i posted a comment on that post

Asrif said...

Nice to see you back in your writing ways, Anon.

Avoid staying back at the office. Eight hours in a cube is long enough. You'll have more time to make things happen that way.

Keep on keeping on writing! :-)

in vacuo said...

keep your environment healthy, hopefully things will grow out themselves

but i'm not a sage, so don't trust me :p

Cee said...

asrif: hi and welcome! hehe honestly i kinda like working (so far)
in vacuo: hello

Absharina said...

Yay! you're back! :)

in vacuo said...

hello! (waves)

Smokey said...

"Life happens when you're too busy making plans..."

Nice choice of words from a rather creative individual. John Lennon right?

Cee said...

yup. thats the man :)

Smokey said...

I thought so. What can I say that is my favorite quote. It makes total sense.